Sunday, November 2, 2008

Crappy Halloween

Soooo, yeah. Halloween sucked over at my house. I think most of you that read my blog already know what happened, but I'll recap anyway for my own good for later on down the road.

On Thursday, I went to Barnyard Kids in Shelbyville, just as I always do. I go every week and really enjoy it, although I don't care for the drive much. Brooklyn ends up getting sick at school, and they called Seth. So he went to go pick her up and get her some medicine. Then I have to call my dad to see if he can pick Wil up from school b/c my mom had to take my grandmother to the hospital. My dad says no problem and goes to get him. I called him back around 2:30pm to make sure he got him ok, and he says that Willie threw up in the hallway as soon as he came out of his classroom. But Seth has everything under control, so I stay at work.

That night, poor Brooklyn could barely swallow, she was wheezy and had a terrible cough, and a lowgrade fever. Then she says her tummy hurts. By 11pm, she had thrown up twice and I knew I was in for a long night. And bless her little heart, I was right. She continued to throw up all night, and phenergan did nothing for her. However, Willie had an uneventful night (thank goodness), and that was fine by me. I called the doctor first thing Friday morning, and we all headed over there at 9am. After waiting, seeing the Dr, getting a breathing treatment, getting chest x-rays, and Wil having an accident, we find out Brooklyn does not have pneumonia, like the Dr originally thought. She has strep throat instead, and Willie looks like he has the early stages of it. So we get prescriptions for antibiotics

I give it to my kids, they handled it very well. And the grandparents have made up for them not getting to go trick or treating. So Saturday we all have a "Take it easy" day. I was supposed to go to a "wrap" party last night, but something told me I should just stay home since the kids had been sick. And it's a good thing I did b/c Willie was up all night throwing up and the other part that comes with it. It was so sad, but he's feeling better this morning, except he's not eating. Which is pretty ok with me, b/c if I don't have to clean up anymore vomit, my day will be awesome :)
So there was my weekend. Hopefully everyone will be back at school and work tomorrow, and we're done with the sickness for awhile. hope everyone else enjoyed their Halloween!

No comments: