Saturday, August 2, 2008

Showin Some Love To My Kids, Part 2

Yesterday was crazy, so I did not get a chance to do Wil's blog. But I'm bored right now while Seth plays xbox with his friend, Matt, and also while I wait for it to be time to get ready to go out with my peeps. Anyway, so I freakin love this kid. He rocks my world, just like Brooklyn does, but in a different way. If you have more than 1 kid, you understand. And if you only have 1 kid right now, quit worrying about there being enough love for another one! There really is plenty to go around, and you'll love them just as much and in a completely different way :) OK, off my soapbox now.....

I love that he's so lovable. That kid LOVES to give me hugs and kisses, tell me that he loves me and that he thinks I'm pretty. And when he REALLY wants on my good side, he says, "Mommy, I think you're the best." He likes to hold my hand and lets me baby him every now and then. But recently he has started not wanting to give me kisses in public, and that really sucks. But he still gives the hugs out, so I'll take it and be happy with that.

He has a huge heart. He's not nurturing like Brooklyn is, but he can't stand to see anyone upset. I remember when he was a baby, probably a little under a year old...you would look at him and pretend like you were crying, and his little bottom lip would quiver and stick out b/c it would upset him. I know, I know. What parent does that over and over again for entertainment? Well, that would be me. It was so stinkin cute that I couldn't help it! And when I'm upset or crying and he sees me for some reason, he'll rub my back. I know, he's going to make some woman really happy one day ;)

He's smart. The kid taught himself the freakin alphabet! We got him one of those v-tech toy laptops a couple of years ago and it has tons of learning games on there. Well, now he can recognize all the letters, uppercase and lowercase, as well as his numbers. It's pretty crazy, and all that started when he was 2 years old. But sometimes I also think he has a photographic memory. But anyway, it makes me happy.

I love that he loves spending time with me. He loves going to Walmart with me. I guess it comes from the last couple of years of dropping Brooklyn off at school and then heading there for grocery shopping. But I would let him pick out a doughnut, and we would sometimes just look at the toys. And he definitely has his own on opinion on everything. He's not afraid to tell you if he doesn't like something ;)


So there's my Willie lovin post. He had a lot of problems as a baby, and bless his heart, he tried SO hard to be happy. But there was always something going on that was making him uncomfortable. Anyway, so I felt like it took me longer to bond with him than it did Brooklyn. Yes, even typing that out makes me feel like a horrible mother. But we're super tight now and that's all that matters. He's my little man :)

2 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

I LOVE these posts you wrote about the kids! They are so sweet and they're gonna cherish those words when they get older! You had me in tears! You're such an amazing mom, they are both so lucky to have you!!

The Todd's said...

You are such an awesome mom! It shows in how sweet, loving, and smart your kiddos are. I love reading about them and getting to know them a little better.

And thanks for posting about having enough love for more than 1 kiddo. That's something I've been a little anxious about lately. :)