Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Reasons Why

So Seth is still asleep and here I am. My mind started going this morning and would not stop, so I decided to do something productive and blog. I've had a pretty good weekend, but I am SUPER excited that I still have one more day to go. YAY LABOR DAY!!!!! Ok, now that that's out of my system.... ;) I decided to blog about my hubby. I blogged about my kids awhile back and the reasons why I think they're so awesome, so now I'm going to do the same for Seth.


He makes me a stronger person. By nature, I just avoid confrontation and pretty much let people walk all over me. But when Seth came into my life, he showed me that it is ok to stand up for myself. And it's not ok for people to take advantage of me. So over the years, I've learned to say what I think (in a tactful way, of course) and to not be that person.


We balance each other out really well. I'm a hopeless optimist and he's a hopeless pessimist. I try to see the best in people from the start, and he sees the worst. I like meeting new people, he would rather hang with people he's known for awhile. It's not about who's right and who's wrong, although we both do enjoy being right, lol....it's about what makes us comfortable and what makes us who we are. We force each other out of our comfort zones, and I think that's good for anyone. It makes you grow as a person as well as your character. And you discover that you can do things that you never dreamed you could do before.


He loves me more than I thought anyone ever could. I used to have really low self-esteem when we first met. And I still feel traces of that these days, but nothing like it used to be. But Seth has always told me that I'm beautiful and to never compromise who I am. And after years of being with him, I finally was able to accept that and see that things just aren't as bad as they seem. And I'm SO thankful for this b/c now I can teach my daughter how to love herself from the beginning and hope she never has to go through that personal hell.


The other day he told me that he appreciated me and everything that I do. What woman doesn't love to hear that?! And yes, Seth and I have had our hard times. We have hit rock bottom together and struggled through when we saw no light at the end of the tunnel. But the point is that we made it through and here we are standing at the end together. We're married with 2 beautiful children and the vast future in front of us, full of all kinds of possibilities. I support him through everything and he does the same for me. I am truly blessed with my family, and I make sure that I thank God for that everyday :)

3 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Awe! That is the kind of relonship Rod and I have and in the end that's all that matters in life!

Have a great weekened girlie!

Rachel said...

AWww! I am so glad you have each other. Seth is a great guy it sounds and you 110% deserve that!

The Todd's said...

So sweet! It's awesome to have that other person who balances you out so completely.