Saturday, August 23, 2008

What I Would Rather Be Doing...

What I would rather be doing on this boring Saturday night is hangin out with some of my girls at TGIFriday's. Yep, it would be WAY better than being bored at home. But it's all good, right? We can't always get what we want; it's a simple fact of life. So instead of whining and complaining about my evening, I'm going to steal an idea from my friend, Rachel, and just post some random facts. It's always interesting and fun to see what people will put :)

1. I need a hobby. I think if I had one, then I wouldn't think about work so much at home. The only thing is, I have no idea what a good hobby for me would be. And I'm not talking boring either. I want a hobby that I can be good at AND also benefit from, know what I mean? I'm not very crafty, I'm no good with photography (although I LOVE looking at it), and I don't have the patience for scrapbooking. So please...give me some ideas!!

2. I am by nature a very shy person. Sometimes it still gets the best of me, but I seriously force myself to be outgoing on a daily basis. I'm actually really thankful for my job in that department. It forces me to step outside my comfort zone and grow as a person.

3. I never really liked kids until I had my own. I never babysat, never had any younger siblings or cousins. So I was just never around them. At one point I was pretty sure that I didn't even want kids. But that wasn't God's plan, I suppose. Now I can't imagine my life without them. They are truly amazing, and I'm blessed to have 2 awesome ones of my own. And my job...wow. Yes, sometimes I want to pull my hair out, but I love it. It is so rewarding in so many ways. But I think I'll save that for a blog post in and of itself.

4. When I was growing up, I always wanted blonde, silky hair. Instead I got this frizzy brown thing stuck on my head. However, these days I don't mind my hair so much, but I do still wish it was more silky. But my best friend is a straightening iron, and that's as close as it will ever get :) As for the color, well...I'm pretty content with it these days.

5. Sometimes I wish that I wasn't so tall. I think that short, petite girls are so lucky. Can I explain this? Not really. But those of you out there that would love to be tall...think of it this way. At least you don't tower over everyone in the room! And you don't always hear, "Wow, you sure are tall for a girl." It's annoying, trust me :)

6. I've really gotten back into cooking new things lately. My summer schedule has been super nice b/c I've been getting off work most days in time to cook dinner. I didn't realize how much I had missed it. So now I'm kinda bummed b/c this will be my last week of being able to do it. It will be back to cooking on Wednesday and Friday nights during the week.

7. I have some pretty awesome friends :) I would just like to thank all of you listen to me whine, cry, complain, and anything else I need to say. You guys rock my world!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cooking could be your hobby!! Or you could take up sewing or bug collecting....or mystalking or...hmm...not sure.

Either way you rock girl! We missed you tonight!

The Foley 5 said...

You were most definetly missed last night! Hummm ... as for hobby suggestions, I'm afraid I'm not of much help in the suggestion dept because mine is photography & scrapbooking BUT I would be more than happy to host a scrapbooking day at my house, sometimes just getting started and doing it with others makes a huge difference ;) You may just actually decide that you really like it and that you have more patience than you think for it!

The Todd's said...

I wish you could have been there last night~you were definitely missed!

As for hobbies...I have no idea! Mine are reading and making hairbows. And organizing~yes I do realize I'm weird. I think cooking would be a fun one. I've always wanted to cook more, but don't ever have the ingredients.

Angie Morris said...

Shy by nature.......finally what we have in common and heck I need a hobby too

Love my Jen