Friday, August 22, 2008

Looking Up....

Life has been rather difficult lately. Seth lost his job about a month ago, and our stress levels have been out of control. I have been trying SO hard to be supportive and keep my mouth shut, but it's so hard sometimes! I must say I was successful at all attempts, but sometimes I would just get in the truck to go somewhere by myself, and vent. Yes, I would talk to myself but it got it out of my system so that I could continue to be a good wife. I've been doing extra little things for my grandmother to earn extra money, just to get us through the weeks. Thank goodness she loves me enough to let me do it :) And I know what you're thinking....don't you work too, Jen?! Why, yes I do! However, I only get paid twice a month and that's what we use to pay our bills. And normally, it's enough with a little left over. But this month has been hard b/c work slowed down for me as well. I was going to Shelbyville on Thursdays to teach gymnastics at a daycare center there, but they wanted to take the month of August off. And I also had Wednesdays off for the summer b/c that was SUCH a long day for me. And then they hired someone new for the office, so they took my Saturday hours away. A blessing and a curse at the same time. I really didn't mind working Saturdays, but then again it's nice to be able to sleep in. I just wish it hadn't happened when it did. Anyway, enough rambling...

Seth got a call yesterday to go do some work with a guy he used to work with to do some painting. So he calls a little while ago to say it may turn into full time work!!! THANK GOD FOR THAT! Hopefully it will happen b/c he HAS been looking for the past few weeks and doing side jobs when they pop up, but something steady is seriously what we need. My fingers are triple crossed on this one.

The kids are doing fabulous! Willie is loving preschool and looks forward to going everyday, and Brooklyn and also doing awesome in 1st grade. I'm super proud of both of them, as well as relieved. And blessed that I have such awesome kids who don't get in trouble at school ;)

My new schedule for work starts the first week of September, so I can't wait for that, even though it has been nice having some days off. But I'm subbing some next week, and that will definitely help out for the next paycheck. So yeah...things are looking up finally. Good thoughts and tons of prayers later...yes, I'm completely thankful, blessed, and happy :)

1 comment:

The Foley 5 said...

Prayers and positive vibes are being sent your way! I really hope Seth gets the job!!