Friday, May 22, 2009

Things I Want...

So I've fallen off the planet a little bit lately. Everything has been crazy, and I've shut myself out of the social circle for awhile. But in light of all the events lately, there's been something on my mind and on my heart. I want to make sure that my kids know what I want for them out of life, especially if, God forbid, anything happen to me and I'm not here to tell them myself. So here goes....

1. Be passionate. I want you both to find something in life that you can be passionate about and go at with full force. I've been passionate about quite a few things in my life such as horses, volleyball, writing, and finally...my family. You 2 make my life worth living and you get me through all the hard days. So find that something and hold onto it.

2. Be forgiving. Sometimes this is a hard one, but it's so important. Don't hang on to silly things and let them get in the way. Please understand that people do not always make the right choices in life, but they need someone to realize this and help them. It's easy to stay mad at someone, but it shows true character to forgive and move on from it. Always do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

3. Have a sense of humor. Life can be made a little less harsh with some laughter. Try to always find the bright side of things and humor in situations whenever possible. It may not always be there, but if you dig deep enough...anything is possible.

4. Find love. Love is the greatest emotion, as well as the hardest and most frustrating. But wow! When you find it, it will blow you away and it won't let you go. The only person I have ever loved is your dad, but I love him to the best of my ability. I would go to the ends of the earth and back for him. And I would do the same for you.

5. Be happy. Again, it's not always the easiest thing to do, but it's worth the fight to find it. You can only be happy if you let yourself, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I've been through some dark times in my life where I did not know if there would ever be happiness again. But I always perservered and it's always been there waiting for me. Just leave yourself open to it.

6. Don't second guess yourselves! You know yourself better than anyone else, and you know what is right and what is wrong. There will always be someone to help you along the way, but in the end...think about you and what you need and want.

7. Love yourself no matter what. If you don't love yourself, no one else can either. You are amazing people and the world deserves to see that.

8. Have faith. If ever you feel like you have hit rock bottom, close your eyes and know that there is no where else to go but up. Let God into your life and let Him help you. Pray and be humble.

9. Remember who your true friends are in this life. You will come across people and you will think that they are your friends. But sometimes that is not always the case. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people who will always stand by you and not leave you alone when times get tough. I've been VERY blessed with the friends that I have, and I would not trade them for anything. They are people who are strong, supportive, and always there for me...even if I go a month without talking to them. Those are the ones who will be by your side in your darkest moment or your happiest day.

10. Know that I will always love you, no matter what. You can make mistakes because that's how you learn. I will NEVER make you feel like you are not good enough or that you are alone. I will love you because you are Brooklyn and Wil, the lights of my life. And if ever you are feeling completely alone and feel there is no one else, I pray that you know you can come to me with anything.

11. Always love one another. If ever there is someone who will be there for you, it will be your brother or your sister. Always stay close to each other and never lose contact. I hope you have a relationship like your daddy and Aunt Angel do because they would do anything for the other one. And you need that rock in your lives.


This only scratches the surface of what I want to say, but you get the general idea. Brooklyn and Wil, you changed my life and changed me for the better. I never thought that I would make a good mom, but you make me feel like I could change the world if I wanted to. I love you :)

1 comment:

The Foley 5 said...

You have such an amazing way with words ;) I love this!! Brooklyn and Will are going to cherish this forever when they are old enough to understand. You are such an amazing mommy :)