Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Weekend

So here I sit, procrastinating on a Saturday morning. I REALLY need to get ready and start my errands for the day, but instead here I am...enjoying my coffee and wishing it could be a lazy day. I guess I'm just annoyed with myself mostly. I can't straighten my hair b/c of my stupid arm, so now I am protesting for some stupid reason. It just goes to prove my point that I need a live in hair dresser. And if I were rich, I would totally hire my sister Michelle for the job :)

So I'm throwing a baby shower for my friend Jamie today. She's having her 3rd boy in late October/early November. His name will be Jackson Cash Owen, which I think is adorable and fits into their family perfectly. She tends to have big babies, so they will probably induce her around 37 weeks. Her last one was over 11 lbs, and that was at 37 weeks too! So anyway, her shower won't be anything fancy, but it should be fun and it will be nice to hang out with everyone. And then I get to turn around do this AGAIN next month for Angel, my sister-in-law. But that's ok b/c she's having my nephew, Grayson Ryan Smith. And in a few months will come Michelle's baby shower, which hopefully will be for a girl ;)

Speaking of Michelle, she's about 11 weeks along now. She's not getting quite so sick, but it's still there. And man, those hormones are raging! I just feel bad for her. And Raymond is gone for a couple of weeks, so she feels lonely on top of it. So we're gonna hang tonight, maybe watch a movie or just have some dinner. And *fingers crossed* hopefully she'll feel better.

Wil learned something new at school yesterday and it's adorable! She sent home their daily report and it said to ask him another word for "big crash". So I asked him, and he said, "Monumental crash". It cracked me up :) Brooklyn is doing awesome in school as well. She has yet to bring home a bad daily report, and she's doing well on most of her work. On the things she is not doing well, it's b/c she's not taking her time. My friend, Rachel, and I seem to be having that same problem with our 1st graders on this. But she's getting better about it, and the teacher is working with her on it as well.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend :)

4 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Hope you have an awesome time today girlie! and 11 lb babies! WHEW!!!

The Foley 5 said...

So many babies to look forward to, how exciting for you!! And I totally feel ya on the hair issue, I hate straightening mine and I can't imagine trying to with a hurt arm! Hope you have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

I'm sorry your arm is still bothering you:( And I also thought it was so funny that Wil said "monumental"....I was thinking "huge", but monumental works, too...HAHAHA!

Rachel said...

Hope you had fun at the shower!! I love both of their names!! And it's funny I thought the same thing when Michelle was drying my hair the other day....I wonder how feasible that is lol.
Hope your arm is better and I am calling you this afternoon on my way home!! So be ready LOL