Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Being Proud...

So I was in charge of my first major event at work this past Sunday. It was SO nerve racking! And all of last week, I was so freakin stressed over it. I seriously didn't think that I could do it. And my boss just wasn't hearing that. I was basically in tears telling him that I just didn't think I was the right person to do it. But he wasn't listening to that. He just told me that he thought I was capable and that I would do a good job. So after that, at least I felt like I had warned him if I totally bombed. And that in itself made my life a little less stressful.

So Sunday comes around, and I'm calm but still really nervous. We were having 2 sessions because so many kids signed up. Oh, by the way...if you didn't know, I teach gymnastics and I'm also in charge of all the special events, like birthday parties, camps, Parents Night Out, and All Star meets. Anyway, my boss stayed for the first session, and thank God he did! There were a few moments where I knew I couldn't have gotten through them on my own. But he left for the 2nd one and said good luck. Everything went smoothly and was great! I actually did it! I was totally relieved :)

And that's the excitement in my life right now. Next weekend, we have the Fun Meet for all the younger kids and also my bachelorette party. Tiff is coming up with all kinds of crazy things, it seems. So yes, I'm a little afraid at this point.

Then the next weekend is the wedding! Wow, I can't believe it's finally here! I'm really excited to see everything come together. Hopefully there will be no problems. My fingers are crossed, anyway :)

2 comments:

The Todd's said...

I'm so glad everything went so well for you! You can do anything you set your mind to..

And you should be VERY afraid of what Tiff's got planned! LOL

McAngie said...

Cool Jen! I didn't know you even had a blog! Sweet!