Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Little Update...

So the past few weeks have been really tiring and trying for me. Work has continued to stress me out, so much to the point where I just want to give up. I think I have decided that I'm really good at being some one's assistant, but not so much at being in charge of things. It seems as though things keep falling short of what they should be, and honestly...I just hate feeling like I'm not good at something. Plus, my family is more important to me and I refuse to take time away from them for certain things. Anyway, just think positive thoughts for me on the work front. Hopefully it will all work itself out.

I am also oh so very tired. Physically, emotionally, mentally...I just need some time off. And not just from work, from everything. If I had the money, I think I would just take off for a few days on my own and work some things out. However, I would also just love to take the fam with me and enjoy some time together. I think I need to talk to Seth about that. We are by no means in a financial situation to do so right now, but maybe soon. Seth's work has slowed down again, but mine has picked up so we're breaking even right now. I can't complain about that b/c it's WAY better than being in the hole.

The kids are on fall break, but unfortunately we have not been able to do anything fun with them b/c of work. But they are just happy to be out of school. Brooklyn has been having some behavior problems lately, at school as well as at home. It's so frustrating to me b/c I don't know where it's coming from or what to do about it. I've tried some different tactics, but nothing seems to be making a difference. I feel like a pretty bad mom right now b/c I can't figure it out. But she has parent/teacher conference at the end of this month, so hopefully I can hold out until then. But if it gets worse after fall break, I'll just having a meeting sooner. I had Wil's parent/teacher conference the week before fall break, and it was awesome! He is doing SO well, and the teacher says he is at the top of the class for sure. She's even doing more advanced stuff with him to get him interested. I'm so proud of him.

Besides a few other things going on, that's about it. Hope everyone else is having a great week.

2 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Big hugs girl......I am having one of those kinda days here as well.......I am irrated with myself right now because the kids are on fall break and I'm here at work all week......it sucks but what can you do

Hang in there and hope you and Seth can get away soon :)

The Foley 5 said...

When it rains it poors, or so it seems! Hang in there, you are a wonderful wife and mother and employee!! I'm sorry you are feeling like your not good enough at work, but I know that's not the case ;)! I'm also sorry, I hate feeling like you wish you could just freeze time until you are refreshed enought to pick back up with life! Hopefully you can work something out soon for a day (or longer) to just veg with the family or even by yourself. And as for Brooklyn, she's a good girl with a mother who loves her and is also a great roll model so try not to worry too much. She's probebly trying to find her place to fit in at school. She's probebly picking up on some of the other kids' bad behaviors and testing them out for herself. She'll figure it out when she realizes that is not the way to behave.

So really what I wanted to say (before writing a novel) is Big hugs!!! And know that "This too shall pass" ;)