Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Day Off...

So I decided to take the day off today. I've been super tired lately, and figured it would be a good day since 1. MTSU is on fall break and I could get subs for my classes, 2. Willie is still on fall break, and 3. I didn't have a babysitter anyway :) In a little while we'll be heading over to a friend's house for playgroup, so it really couldn't be a better day.

I finally got my meeting with my boss yesterday. When I walked out of his office, it seriously felt like a HUGE weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I feel positive about my place there now, and plan on making the best of it. So hopefully things will continue to get better there.

Seth has been a bit moody lately, and it's been driving me crazy! I know that I'm his wife and I should want to do things with him and for him, and I honestly do. But I need a break every now and then too. The last couple of times I've had plans with someone, he's acted like a baby and I've backed out. Well, today...my first day off during the week since August....he calls and asks if I will bring him lunch at 11am. Well, playgroup is at 10:30am and it's been forever since I've been able to see my friends. So I said, "Well, I've already got plans but if you can wait until a little later, I will be glad to do it." He then proceeds to try to guilt me, and I'm standing my ground! Maybe that's selfish of me or maybe I should always drop everything to do something for him, but I disagree. We do have a life together, but we also need our own lives so we don't drive each other crazy. So there. He will get over it, and if he doesn't...I will proceed to remind him of all the times that I have dropped everything for him and that I needed a little me time today (along with Willie time:) ). At the very least, it's not worrying me and all will be fine.

I got all the laundry caught up yesterday too, so that makes me happy. When I get home, I'm going to clean the kitchen and bathroom and chill out the rest of the day. Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday b/c I know that I will be!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I had a fantastic time seeing you today...just wish I could've stayed longer:) But, nonetheless, you can tell Seth that I appreciated my Jen time so SURELY that will clear up any ill will that he has about you not bringing him lunch. Yeah, I'm that important...hahaha. :)

The Foley 5 said...

Well I'm certainly glad you came today! I'm sorry it meant having to choose between us girls and Seth but it was so worth it, wasn't it!! hahaha

McAngie said...

Nice seeing you!!!

Tell Seth to get a grip! Heehee!

Angie Morris said...

Big hugs girlie........