Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thoughts...

So all my wedding pictures are ready and they are FABULOUS!! I love them all and can't wait to get them printed. But looking at them all have brought back thoughts of the day and how perfect it was. There are a few things I would go back and do differently, like picking up my dress so I wouldn't trip going up the steps, lol. Anyway, I wrote something for Seth and was going to surprise him by reading it at the ceremony, but I was too emotional and knew I wouldn't be able to get through it. So I thought I would share it here with you :)


Sometimes I wonder how I got this lucky in my life. I never thought that God would bless me this much. He has given me someone who loves me for who I am and all that I am not. And with this man, He has also given me 2 beautiful, wonderful children. So I often wonder what I have done to deserve this. And then I stop wondering that, and I am just thankful for it.

The day that we met, I never imagined that we would be standing here almost 9 years later. You have given me so much in my life. We have been through many things, overcome obstacles and tribulations that we could not go around. But you taught me how to face things head on instead of avoiding them. And I know that I still do that sometimes, but I know that you will always be there to hold my hand and help me be strong. You have given me so many things and you have shown me how to be proud of myself. And when I feel that I just cannot do something and I am afraid of failing, you remind me of the faith that you have in me. And that’s when I know that I am stronger than I ever thought possible.

Our love and commitment have always shown through, no matter what anyone else thought. You know all of my strengths, as well as my flaws, and you still love me. I know that we are worth fighting for, and I’m glad that we have never given up on one another. We have stood beside each other through the years and supported each other, and I promise you that I will continue to do that. I will never give up on you, just as you have never given up on me.

Thank you for showing me how to be a better person and not be afraid to be myself. Thank you for always being an amazing father to our children. Thank you for walking through fire for me. And thank you for supporting me through everything. I love you, and I cannot wait to see where this life will take us.



Al so, if you are interested in viewing the pictures, you can see Erica Foley's at www.pictage.com/406114

And you can see Rachel Beasley's at www.lilachillphotography.com. Go to galleries, then sessions, and Allen Wedding. Password is: Meant2Be

4 comments:

The Todd's said...

Dude...thanks for making me cry! That is beautiful! You are so talented with words. And yes I seriously cried..not hard to do these days but ya know.

Amber said...

I will have to take a look at all the pictures! Those girls do a fab job!

Oh and it was so nice to see you and the kids yesterday! Will is getting so big, and Brooklyn loves babies I can tell. I think she was too shy to ask if she could hold Trenton. lol

Oh and I tagged you in my blog. You don't have to do it though. It was fun trying to think of things to write.

Angie Morris said...

Awe..........

Rachel said...

Aww! Girl that is awesome and just perfect! I am so happy for you!

You've Been Tagged! Check out my blog. http://thebeasleyfamily.blogspot.com/