Monday, March 16, 2009

What To Say...

I don't even know where to begin. So let me start by saying that we've been back in our own house for the past week. It's been great being home and having our space again, but it was also awesome staying with my parents. I feel totally reconnected with my dad again, and it's just plain nice. I FINALLY have everything unpacked, but I'm still working through getting all the built up laundry completed, but it's coming along. Wil has a new big boy bed and we finally retired the fire engine one. He's done great in it, and has only fallen out once so far ;)

Michelle should be having her baby any time now! She's been having some strong contractions, but she's just not dilating yet. Bless her heart, she's so miserable and ready. But she'll forget all about it once she lays her eyes on her beautiful newborn. I get a little teary just thinking about it.

Work has been crazy busy and again, I'm a little frustrated. But this too shall pass. I just have to remember that people, for some reason, forget that we have lives outside of the gym and we can't be there 24/7. A little understanding is all that I need but *sigh* they just don't get it. I'm ready for the summer.

I had parent/teacher conferences for both kids recently. Wil is doing amazing and his teacher says he's ready to start learning the sounds of the letters and putting them together to begin reading. WHAT?! So we've been working on that and he almost knows all the sounds of the alphabet. So this summer we'll be working hardcore to get him ahead of the game. Brooklyn is also doing awesome! Her test scores have come such a long way from the beginning of the school year. She's reading on a 2nd grade level and keeps improving by leaps and bounds. Her teacher is super impressed, so we'll keep working on that at home as well. She's doing great in math all on her own. So needless to say, I'm SO proud of both of my kids!!

Seth was FINALLY able to land a job!! I'm so excited and proud of him. It's not the best job in the world, but it pays well and he's just glad to be working again.

And I'm hanging in there. I'm a little emotional right now, but things always work out. So I'm putting my faith in that and keeping my chin up. Hope everyone is doing awesome out there and I'm glad to be back :)

2 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

Yay Jen!!! Welcome Back :)

Angie Morris said...

Sounds like things are going good for you guys and you are probally snuggling that new little baby!!!