Monday, March 23, 2009

A New Perspective...

So the last week or so has been very frustrating for me. It has been incredibly hectic and stressful as well as exciting and emotional. I had a lot going on at work, and in the midst of it all, I became an aunt to a beautiful little girl. Michelle gave birth to Abigail Reese Davy on March 18, 2009. After almost 12 hours of labor, she was born at 7:44pm and was 8lbs 2oz and 21 inches long. They are all doing amazing, and Abigail is proving to be laid back and loving her sleep. I love that I can share motherhood with Michelle now, and she can finally feel that unconditional love that steals our hearts when we have children. I'm so proud of her :)

I felt like 20 billion things had been dumped in my lap at work this past week as well, and I just couldn't seem to find that light at the end of the tunnel. Honestly, it all looked and seemed worse in my head, and PMS wasn't helping that any. But also, I felt a little taken advantage of and upset. I LOVE my job and what I do, but I sometimes feel like things get dumped on me that no one else wants to do. And sometimes, it's ok and I don't mind. But seriously...6 projects to take care of in 4 days is way too much. I didn't see how I could possibly get it all done, and it all be great and the way it was supposed to be. And until today, it was still frustrating me.

But then I heard something, and it made SO much sense to me. "It is not about the accomplishment, but the beauty in the effort." Wow. That's all I can say. Thanks to someone for applying that to my life right now. So who cares if I get it all done? As long as I put my best foot forward and try my best, no one can really ask for any more than that, right? Maybe all this stuff lands on me because my bosses know that I'll do the best that I can. Maybe they think that I will get it done, and it will be exactly what they want (which really isn't true b/c they are the pickiest people that I know, lol). Maybe when they give me things, they don't have to worry about it not getting done. I don't know honestly. But that's what I would like to believe. And if thinking that makes it easier for me to do, then what harm is there?

Anyway. The point of this is sometimes things don't end up the way that we want them to, even after we try our damnedest to do them. The beauty of the effort is seeing how much we care about it and the passion that we put into it. It's about believing you can do it, and it will be your best effort. It's about making something your own with your heart and soul, and giving it everything that you have inside. Because in the end, that is the greatest accomplishment of all.

2 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Wow! I just have to say.........thanks for sharing that post with me.......it was something I really needed to hear today for sure!

The Todd's said...

I love that quote. It really is a great way to look at everything. All you can do is your best and that's what really matters. Love you Jen!