Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For Something Bad, There Is Always Something Good...

This is what I keep telling myself. There is no reason to not feel blessed or thankful right now. All the things that are not going my way are little things, insignificant things in the grand scheme of things, but honestly...they are still pulling me down. But every bad thing that happens, there are always good things to follow...


My laptop got all moody on me a couple of weeks ago, but talked to the company and they said that there is a default in that series of notebooks, so they will fix it for free. Today I get a call that there is nothing they can do and to take it to a 3rd party. Seriously?! So I'm in the midst of convincing them that they are wrong and hopefully they will see that and take pity on me. On a good note, my mom has let me borrow hers for now. I'm not sure how much longer, but I'll take whatever I can get.


Brooklyn has a couple of Christmas programs coming up, and they have asked that they wear white, red, or green. I was thinking well, great...she doesn't have anything, and I'm as broke as I can be right now. BUT...one of my kids at work gave me a $20 Target gift card yesterday, so sweet! I go today, but all they have in her size (or even remotely close to her size) was a black shirt with white snowflakes. Yes, it's cute...but she asked for a red one. I had to get it anyway. I know Brooklyn won't care, but it still makes me sad for her. But the good thing here is that my daughter knows that I try my hardest to make everything possible, so she'll just give me a hug and tell me that it doesn't matter to her. She's pretty awesome like that.


Seth has finally run out of work. That last couple of weeks have been pretty stressful, and honestly...we still have so much to get for X-mas for the kids. Everyone else is just getting some homemade goodies. The good news is that he put in an application today and they said they would be calling him by the end of the week.


So there...I was able to find something positive for everything. And Willie's Christmas program was SO cute this morning! I got some pics, but those will have to wait. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far :)

2 comments:

Angie Morris said...

Big hugs.....can't get any worse right

Hang in there......love ya bunches!

Ashley said...

And this is what I love about you:)