Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blessed

I feel so blessed in my life right now. There are SO many things going wrong, and SO many things that I could dwell upon. But sometimes you just have to close your eyes and take a deep breath. That is what I have done lately, and it has been wonderful. If I can just ignore all the negative things for a few minutes, everything else comes back into perspective.

I am SO bless to have my family. Seth and the kids are the most important things in my life, and sometimes I forget how wonderful that one simple thing can be. No matter what I do or how I act, they love me. They can forgive me for being selfish and remind me why there is no need to focus on the things that bring me down. I am happy and as long as that stays first in my mind, nothing else can change that.

Things are falling into place, slowly but surely. Seth and I picked a song that screams out our relationship. I'm sure this may seem kinda generic to some, but "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts seems like it is written about us. We have been through so much together; we've been together, and we've been apart, but no matter what we have always been a team. He truly is my best friend and he always has faith in me. He believes in me and what I can do, even when I don't. He's always there to pick me up, even when he's part of the reason that I'm down. We have grown into adults together, and our relationship has only grown stronger because of it.

Anyway, I'm blessed and I'm thankful....and that's all that matters right now.

1 comment:

Angie Morris said...

Amen girl! I think sometimes it's hard to remember how blessed we are because it seems like we always need more.....more people in our lives, more money, more time etc but when I stop and think I am very blessed with what I have and should not care about what I don't have

BTW I love that song! Cant wait for the big day!